If you love chocolate, you probably love brownies too. I have one surprise brownies recipe that I love but it isn't fudgy enough. It gotta be chilled then only it will have that brownies bite. Left at room temp, it tasted more cake than brownie. Recently, I tasted some melt-in-your-mouth brownies and decided to bake one myself.
And if you know me even just a little, you'll know that I
am lazy love easy and delicious recipes.
2 sticks butter
2 Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate baking bar (226g)
2 cups white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 cup roasted nuts (I used almond & hazelnut)
1) Melt butter and chopped chocolate bar in a pan or microwave. I suggest using the pan.
2) Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and flour using electric mixer. Stir in ingredients in step 1 and roasted nuts.
3) Pour mixture into greased and lined brownies pan. Bake at 190ºC for 35 minutes.
That's all, folks!
Oh what? The glazing?
Okay I just realised that I haven't share my basic recipes here. Maybe I'll post my go-to basic ganache recipe on a slow day.
But here's the recipe for a pretty sweet glazing for those without whipping cream in hand.
1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
1 stick butter
6 tbsp condensed milk*
1 tsp vanilla
Optional - 1/2 cup chopped almond
*substitute with evaporated milk/whipping cream and add sugar to control sweetness.
1) Heat butter, condensed milk and vanilla in a pan. Stop just before it boils.
2) Pour over chocolate chips and stir until smooth.
3) Spread on cool brownie. Sprinkle chopped almond for extra crunch.
|Had some shaved chocolate left so I |
All decorated like a proper brownies...