Saturday 4 March 2017

Kek Lok Si All Lighted Up

Kek Lok Si
Tingkat Lembah Ria 1
11500 Ayer Itam
Pulau Pinang

Kek Lok Si

Kek Lok Si

I'm sure many of you already visited Kek Lok Si temple. It is after all one of the must-visit attraction in Penang the tourist island. But did you know that once a year during certain weeks around Chinese New Year, the whole place will be lighted up and visitors will flock there to take photos?

  Just Google 'Kek Lok Si Display of Lights' to find out the next date and plan your visit! I visited on a weekend (I think) and while there were many people, it wasn't packed. You can still take photos (and pray) without someone else shoving you.

  Go in the early evening so you will have time to explore the ground before sunset. The Guanyin statue is located on the hill above the pagoda, you can get there using the cable car for a minimal fee. I didn't have enough time to visit the hillside.

Kek Lok Si

There is a charge of RM2 (I think) imposed to access the area with bell and 10,000 Buddhas pagoda. Make sure you climb up the pagoda and check out the scenery. I was there for sunset and it was breathtaking! My acrophobia acted out a bit while walking around the outer corridor on the top floor >.<" 

  But the view was serious cantik, I went live on IG: @whitelambchop to share with my followers

Kek Lok Si

Kek Lok Si

Kek Lok Si

Kek Lok Si

Kek Lok Si

Kek Lok Si

Kek Lok Si

Kek Lok Si

Kek Lok Si

Kek Lok Si

Kek Lok Si

Kek Lok Si

Getting here is probably easiest using public bus. You can drive but be prepared to brave some traffic congestion.



No comments:

Post a Comment