Masak Lemak Prawn Pasta
Udang masak lemak is basically prawn cooked in coconut milk and turmeric. It's *probably* a Malay dish, usually eaten with rice.
There are a variety of masak lemak dishes from crab to pumpkins. So I decided to tweak the recipe a bit and add in... pasta. I used spiral and that tube-like macaroni pasta because despite the coconut milk, I think the masak lemak is quite a light sauce- more to broth, really.
Ingredients for 2 servings
• 2 1/2 cups water
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 shallot
• 2 inches ginger
• 1 tbsp chili paste
• 1 tsp turmeric
• 2 tsp Maggi Cukup Rasa
• 1 tsp pepper & salt
• 1/2 cup coconut milk (santan)
• 10 cleaned prawns
• 1 cup spiral pasta
• 1 cup macaroni pasta
• chopped coriander (sprinkle)
1) In a pot, mix in finely blended garlic, shallot & ginger, chilli paste, turmeric, Maggi Cukup Rasa, pepper and salt into hot water.
2) Add in prawn and coconut milk, bring to almost boil. Add rinsed pasta and cook for about 8 minutes.
3) Ready to serve after a sprinkle of chopped coriander~
It's a bit weird if you're used to having it with rice but interesting kind of weird. Easy to prepare & cook too and that's pretty much what my cooking is all about :