I don't know about other people but I've been to Universal Studios Singapore at least 3 times but I never did explore the island. So I made it a point to set aside some time to see the rest of the island. We left the hostel quite early but 1 hour wasn't enough to see everything.
After taking the MRT from Bugis, we changed train at Chinatown and alighted at HarbourFront. Initially, we planned to walk but we had no idea where to go and (un)luckily saw the Sentosa Express signs instead. P.s. we got lost in shopping malls and MRT stations quite a lot so if you're unfamiliar with the locations of stops and stations, factor in some "sesat-sesat" time in your itinerary.
So we took the (cramped) monorail and got off at Waterfront Station to leave our bags in the lockers at USS. Then, we got stamps for re-entry and took the Sentosa Express train to check out the other 2 stops. There are 4 stations:
1) Sentosa Station in Vivo City
2) Waterfront Station (Resort World Sentosa- USS, casino, S.E.A Aquarium, etc.)
3) Imbiah Station (Sentosa Merlion, cable car, etc.)
4) Beach Station (Palawan & Siloso beaches, skydiving, shopping, dining, etc.)
Operating hours: 0700 - 0000
Fee: SG$4/person (we used our ez-link cards)
Note: I forgot to buy the Singapore Tourist Pass at the airport and paid cash when taking the bus from Changi Museum to hostel. So I only needed a card on 2nd day and decided that normal ez-link card + SG$10 top up is a more worthwhile option than the 2-day Singapore Tourist Pass. I didn't travel much so I still got balance in the card by the time we left Singapore.
|no people but D got into frame (-.-")|
|a whole family now...|
There were not many people when we arrived. It was still quite early in the morning and the sky looked as if it was going to burst anytime. Still, getting a picture of the sentosa sign (without other people in it) is almost impossible.
|FINALLY! Well. There's still us in the pic.|
From Imbiah Station, we rode the train to Beach Station but didn't alight. Then the train went back and brought us to Waterfront Station.
Universal Studios Singapore
Passes for USS was purchased online at earlier date. Mine was a season pass and my partner's a SG$64 one-day pass (n.p. SG$74). They claimed that they have a limited number of passes daily but you can try your luck and buy from the counters near the entrance.
Main areas in the USS:
- Hollywood (street entertainment, meet & greet with characters)
- New York (plenty of photo op)
- Sci-Fi City (Battlestar Galactica & Transformers rides, meet & greet)
- Ancient Egypt (The Mummy ride, meet & greet)
- The Lost World (Jurassic Park rapid ride, rock climbing, Waterworld show, dino meet & greet)
- Far Far Away (Shrek 4D adventure, Donkey LIVE, Enchanted Airways, street entertainment, ice cream!)
- Madagascar (merry go round, crate adventure, street entertainment)
|Sesame Street show|
and the latest ride...
|PUSS IN BOOTS GIANT JOURNEY!|
A one-day visit isn't enough. The season pass (6-month validity) is SO worth the investment if I live nearby. Since I don't, I had to be contented with 2 separate visits using the season pass. Still cheaper than buying 2 one-day pass!
Taking the monorail back to Vivo City at 6ish seemed like a nightmare. It was Monday but the queue was so long, it extended out of the station. So, we decided to go downstairs where the buses are and get a cab to the airport.