So I don't eat vegetable and most recipes requires a whole bunch of leaves and pokok in it. A bit of a waste if no one else is eating. Here's the recipe for potato dhal. Not veggie free but not a huge waste either.
* 200g kacang dhal (small ones)
* 1/2 stick carrot
* 3 potatoes
* 1/2 tbsp curry powder
* 3 dried chilli
* Salt & Maggi Cukup Rasa
* Halba campur (mixed spices - Fenugreek, mustard, jintan manis & jintan putih)
* 1/2 sweet onion
* 1 stalk curry leaves
* 1 cm ginger
1. Boil overnight-soaked dhal till soft in a pot. Add in curry powder & stir.
3. Add cubed (and peeled) potatoes & carrot, cook till soft. Add salt to taste.
4. Sauté mixed spices, diced sweet onion, ginger & curry leaves till fragrant. Add into pot.
It's GREAT with sambal. Get the recipe here.