Thursday 15 January 2015

Woodpecker Lodge, Kuching

Woodpecker Lodge
Lot 264, 2nd & 3rd floor, Jalan Chn Chin Ann,
 Kuching, Sarawak

Woodpecker Lodge
View from the room (shower)

Hye all!

I stayed in 2 hotels in Kuching. Simply because I couldn't decide which hotel to stay in. One was cheap and another looked romantic. So I booked 2 nights in Woodpecker Lodge and 1 night in Riverside Majestic Hotel.

Now let's start with Woodpecker Lodge.

Booking - easy peasy via Agoda.com
Rate - Cheap. RM120 for a double (bed) air conditioning room, 3D2N
Location - depends on how you look at it. I'll elaborate later
Dining - not available in the hotel but there's a restaurant on the ground floor and plenty of other eateries and shopping complexes nearby.
Service - Front desk nice & friendly. No one tidy the bed on second day.

Overall 3 <3<3<3 of 5


Before I elaborate on the location, let me start with THE ROOM IS SMALL.

At RM60/night including tax for 2 pax, I was prepared for something like this. So I wasn't surprise at the size of the room. To illustrate how space-efficient the room was, check out the pic below.

Woodpecker Lodge
Right: Shower, left: bed, middle: partition

Now if you need space, this place may not be suitable for you. The single room is even smaller. I didn't need a fancy hotel for the first few days as I spent most of the time visiting museums, the cultural village, shopping complexes and old forts so this place worked for me.


About the location...

Woodpecker Lodge

It is situated in a shop lot. With a karaoke/club/bar join on the 1st floor.

So yes, you gotta climb lots of stairs as there's no elevator.
And yes, it will be noisy till late at night even on weekdays.

Woodpecker Lodge


BUT...
 the front-desk guy was accommodating, friendly and helpful.

Woodpecker Lodge, Kuching
Reception Area

Woodpecker Lodge, Kuching

Woodpecker Lodge, Kuching

Woodpecker Lodge

The room was clean and the bed was cozy.

There's even a TV (which I didn't switch on because I was too tired by the time I was back in the room)

And despite the noise that went on till VERY late, which personally didn't disturb me much (perhaps because I was tired from all the activities), the hotel is situated within walking distance to a couple of malls and even the waterfront.

Consider this place if you aren't a light-sleeper/claustrophobic and looking for a cheap and clean place to rest after exploring the wonders of Kuching city.


No comments:

Post a Comment