Ha! Why am I calling this Not Your Usual Nasi Goreng (fried rice)?
Usually, we'll just use cooked white rice to make fried rice. THIS recipe requires you to ditch the rice cooker for a heavy pan and cook the rice yourself. Still, it is as easy as other recipes I've shared, I promise.
In this recipe, I used shrimps but you can use squid, chicken, meat, veggie or whatever you can find in your fridge. Season accordingly.
Ingredients for 2 servings
• 1 cup uncooked, washed long grain rice
• 2 cups chicken broth (I cheated & used 2 cups water + 1/2 tbsp chicken seasoning)
• 1 tbsp salted butter
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 10-12 peeled, deveined shrimps
• 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
• 1 tbsp chopped parsley
• 1 tsp salt & pepper
1) Season shrimps with salt & pepper. Put aside.
2) Melt butter in heavy pan, stir in rice. Add chicken broth. Let boil & once all liquid absorbed, cover the pan. Cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
3) Heat olive oil in a wok. Cook shrimps before adding in cooked rice, cheese & parsley. Mix well.
P.s. Stir rice occassionally after 8 minutes of covering the pan (after liquid all absorbed).