Thursday 21 August 2014

TalentLounge, PJ Trade Centre, Damansara Perdana

Near TalentLounge
A building right opposite

We had a farewell cum belated birthday gathering at TalentLounge in Damansara Perdana. It's a cosy place at night and I heard that it is even better during the day. It is not secluded but can be easily missed if you don't know what to look for.

  Many of us arrived late that night. Partly due to traffic congestion and mostly due to wrongly tagged address in Waze. So, don't use Waze location to find this place. The tagged location is within the Damansara Perdana area but definitely nowhere near.

  I sent 'my current location' to friends together with instruction that include 'unlit junction', 'dark parking', and 'walk towards light'. One friend was even sent the picture above so he could drive towards it like some sort of beacon. For first-timers, daytime patronage is highly recommended.

TalentLounge
From where I sat...

Taste - #iLike the fish & chips. Could't have too much chips though as they had chili flakes & they made me cough. Fellow diners reactions to their main dish/snacks were all positive. 

Price - Not cheap but not too expensive. Fish & chips (RM27), eggs benedict (RM24), S.Pallegrino (RM10), ice coffee cubes (RM10) & macchiato (RM8). Sirloin steaks and salmon are about RM40 each, so that's alright. Total RM400+ for 9 pax and 2 of us only had drinks.

Ambiance - Very comfortable. I love the high ceiling and the sofas. Great place for an open mic session and many more. It truly is a space for talents.


TalentLounge
They have books!

TalentLounge
and a stage (duh!)

TalentLounge
and sofas...

TalentLounge
...and I want this for my home library!

Here's my fish & chips. Not the best I've had but not the worst either. It's good, don't get me wrong. Ms. A said the tomato is delicious so I gave her mine. Yup that little tomato in the middle.

TalentLounge Fish & Chips
Fish & chips and sparkling juice (lemon)

Eggs benedict TalentLounge
Eggs benedict (S)

Some other dishes ordered by friends... I didn't get pic of all the dishes.

TalentLounge
Fries with mozzarella & gravy

TalentLounge
Fries and chili beef

The building itself, Menara Mustapha Kamal is a great venue for photoshoot and if you love photography, modern architecture and design, give this place a visit. Remember to bring your camera!




No comments:

Post a Comment